Login/Logout | Content | Usability | Technical | Troubleshooting | Additional Help
What is the myLCCC Portal?
myLCCC portal is the place to be! Within myLCCC, students and employees have access to:
- Google Mail and Calendar, LCCC's email system
- BannerWeb, where students can check grades, register for classes, pay bills and search the course schedule
- WebStudy, our online learning system
- Sierra, the library system, to check your account and to search for materials
All of this, and more, is at your fingertips, with just a single username and password at myLCCC.
Why is logging out of myLCCC so important?
myLCCC keeps you connected to all of your LCCC information. To protect the privacy of your account, remember to log out of each session and close all web browsers. When you access BannerWeb or your email within myLCCC, separate web browser tabs or windows will open. It is important that you log out of ALL of these applications and close ALL browsers to keep your information secure.
To logout of myLCCC, click on the [Sign Out] link in the upper right corner of the portal screen. Check the bottom of the monitor to make sure all open windows have been closed before leaving a computer.
How do I login to myLCCC for the first time?
To login for the very first time, you will need information from the letters mailed to you from the Admissions department. You will need to choose a new password and establish answers to three security questions the very first time you login.
- Enter your username and temporary password into the "myLCCC Login" box.
- Please read the User Agreement carefully, then click "I agree".
- Answer the three security questions, then click the [Save] button on the left side of the window.
- Note: Answers to your security questions are not case sensitive.
- Change your password, then click the [Ok] button.
- Click the button "Take me to myLCCC".
Should you ever forget your password, your answers to the security questions will be required to reset your password by yourself.
What should I do if I lost or never received my portal account or password information?
If you never received or have lost your myLCCC username and/or password letter, you can do one of the following:
- In person: Bring a valid form of ID with a photo to Registration/Student Records at Main Campus in Schnecksville.
- Other sites: You can also go to one of our sites (Tamaqua and Allentown) for assistance. Stop by the Front Reception desk to obtain your login and password information. Again, bring a form of ID with a photo on it.
- By phone: You may also call Registration/Student Records at 610-799-1171 to obtain your login and password information.
- By mail: Fill out the Portal Assistance Form and a copy of your original letters will be sent to you via postal mail. If you want another copy of your ID letter, you may also email Admissions at email@example.com or call 610-799-1575. For your protection, your ID letter will ONLY be sent to the mailing address which LCCC has on file.
I forgot my user ID but have my original password letter..
Your myLCCC username and email address are the same. For example, myLCCC username "jstudent" would have the email address "firstname.lastname@example.org". When logging into myLCCC, only use the part of the username before the @ sign.
Your User Name is your first initial and last name. If you have a hyphenated last name, the hyphen is not used, but both names will be listed. If necessary, a sequential number will be added to the end of your user name. For example, "ahyphenatedname2" would be a valid User Name.
I forgot my password, but know my username..
When you logged into myLCCC for the first time, you saved answers to three security questions. You will need those answers to reset your forgotten password via the following steps:
- On the myLCCC Login page, click the link "Forgot Password".
- Enter your Username in the "Reset Password" box and click the [OK] button.
- Use your previous answers to responsd to two of the three security questions, then click the [OK] button.
- Type your new password two times and click the [OK] button.
Once your password has been reset, the "Reset Password" box will display a confirmation message. Then click the "Sign In" link in the top-right corner of the page to return to the myLCCC login page, where you can enter your Username and new password to login.
How do I change my password?
- In the QuickLaunch menu on the left side of the home page, select the "Password Management" heading.
- Select the "Reset Password" link.
- Type your new password twice, then click the [OK] button.
Creating strong passwords
Follow the instructions in the "Forgot Password" or "Reset Password" portlet and use the following tips:
- Your Password needs to be 8 characters long, with a combination of three of the following four patterns: lower case letters, upper case letters, numbers, and symbols (!@#$%). For example, "Patt3rns", "Pattern5", or "P4tT3rn!"
- You should be able to type your password quickly, for security purposes.
- Set your password to something that is easy to remember, so it does not need to be written down.
- Try using a complete sentence that begins with a capital letter and has a numeric value in it. For example: Ihave2birds
- You should avoid complete words, unless you mix the spelling with numbers, such as 'C4r0us3!' in place of 'carousel'.
- Never share your password with anyone.
How do I change my answers to the security questions?
- In the QuickLaunch menu on the left side of the home page, select the "Password Management" heading.
- Select the "Update Questions" link.
- Type in your new answers, then click the [Save] button.
Note: Answers to your security questions are not case sensitive.
What is the 'Launch Pad'?
The Launch Pad is a tool which contains shortcuts to allow students easy access to the most visited places. Among other things, you will find direct links to WebStudy (our online learning system), your class schedule, financial aid, student bill and email in the Launch Pad.
What is "My Profile"?
My Profile is your personal collection of pages. You can personalize your profile, add content and pages.
Who can see My Profile?
You control who can and cannot see your profile. To see who can see your profile, go to your profile and select "Friends" from the top menu.
Understanding myLCCC Session Timeouts
myLCCC has a 30 minute session timeout, similar to what you may experience on banking websites. After 30 minutes of inactivity, myLCCC will require you to login again. This requirement is both for safety purposes as well as reducing the number of open connections to our host vendor.
The myLCCC session timeout is not linked to, and will not affect, other systems. For example, if your portal session does timeout while you are working in WebStudy, BannerWeb, or Gmail, you will not lose your connection to those systems. You may continue to work in the applications you launched from the portal, regardless of whether myLCCC is live in the web browser, timed out, or even closed.
The purpose of the timeout is to secure your personal data when you are using public systems, such as libraries or computer labs. myLCCC provides access to BannerWeb, which allows you to see your home address, course information, and financial data. If you walk away from a computer without logging off from myLCCC, someone could use your connection to view your information.
In addition to logging out of the portal and all external applications launched from the portal, you should also close all open web browsers when you are finished.
There is no way to opt-out of these portal session timeouts, or mark a particular computer system as "private". Other systems have similar timeout security measures, including BannerWeb, WebStudy, online banking services and e-commerce sites.
Which desktop web browsers are supported?
- Chrome - version 10 or higher
- Safari - version 4
Supported Mobile Devices
The myLCCC website is mobile-responsive and should work on the following devices:
- iPhones and iPads
- Android-based SmartPhones and tablet PCs
- Windows SmartPhones and tablet PCs
The myLCCC website was not tested on the following devices:
- Blackberry phones
- Linux devices
- Xbox and other consoles
Web Browser settings
myLCCC requires the following web browser settings for proper operation:
- Enable cookies
- Enable pop-up windows
You may also make the myLCCC web address a Trusted Site, but it is not required.
- Why do I receive a message about secure and non-secure items when I use myLCCC portal?
- – At LCCC, we believe your privacy is important. We use encryption to make sure that data that is in your account is secured. Some of the information from external sites is not encrypted, so web browsers display this warning. Be assured that all information retrieved from the LCCC internal systems is protected.
- – To dismiss this message, click [No] to continue and see all content, but only if this is a trusted site.
- – If you would like to disable this warning message, please follow these steps:
- Will Yahoo, Bing, Norton, or AOL add-on toolbars affect my ability connect or access things in myLCCC?
- Clearing Cache & Cookies
- – In rare circumstances, you may need to clear the cache and cookies saved by your web browser. The steps to perform this task are different for each web browser. Please follow the recommendations of the appropriate browser vendors.
- What is a "portlet"?
- – A portlet is a collection of information inside myLCCC. In the web world, these collections have names such as applets and widgets. Sometimes a portlet is a separate page or application displayed within the myLCCC website.
- I am having trouble connecting to WebStudy (the "Connect to Online Classes" link under LaunchPad)
- Try clicking on another application within LaunchPad. If those applications open, this is an WebStudy issue. Please contact 610-799-1919 for assistance with WebStudy. If none of the applications open, please see the Additional Help section below for more assistance.
- "Forbidden" error after login
- – The error "Forbidden: You do not have permission to access the requested resource" means your account is not active or a member of an appropriate user group. Please contact the appropriate help desk for more information.
- Some content is not visible on the myLCCC Home page
- I cannot login to Bannerweb. When I click on the link inside myLCCC, it gives me an error message.
- – To test your ability to connect to external systems from within myLCCC, click on other QuickLaunch links, such as "Check Student Email" and "Check Library Account". Also verify the web browser you are using is supported.
- – In rare instances, you may need to logout of myLCCC, clear your web browser cache and cookies, and open the portal again. You may also be able to use a different web browser, such as Firefox instead of Internet Explorer.
- – For help with accessibility issues, please contact Disability Support Services at 610-799-1156.
- – For additional help, please contact the Student Help Desk at 610-799-1861 or email@example.com.
- – For help with your account, or for questions regarding your student data, please contact Registration/Student Records at 610-799-1171 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Faculty & Staff
- – For additional help, please contact the IT Support Help Desk at 610-799-1161 or email@example.com.
- – To make suggestions or request changes to myLCCC, you may submit your comments via the Feedback form in the QuickLaunch menu inside the "Help" category. Please do not send support questions via this form.
Return to the top..